- Brand Name: DJI
- Aerial Photography: Yes
- Connectivity:APP Controller,Remote Control
- Camera Integration: Camera Included
- Action Time:22min
- Optical Zoom Ratio: Fixed Focus
- DJI Model: Phantom 3 Standard
- Control Channels:8 Channels
- Model Number: Phantom 3 Standard
- Pixels:12 million
- Camera Features:1080p HD Video Recording
- Sensor Size:1/2.3 inches
- Remote Distance:2 KM
- Gyro: ESCs
- Main Rotor Diameter:590mm
- FPV Operation: Yes
- Video Recording Modes: 2.7K: 2704 x1520p
- How is the Phantom 3 Standard different from the Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced?
The Phantom 3 Standard is the most streamlined addition to the Phantom 3 series. It connects to the DJI GO app over WiFi and has a 2.7K video camera. The Phantom 3 Professional and Advanced add DJI’s Vision Positioning system, GLONASS in addition to standard GPS, an extended range via DJI Lightbridge, and a remote controller with extended functionality. The Phantom 3 Professional also has a 4K camera. All models use the DJI GO app and the DJI Intelligent Flight Battery and take 12-megapixel photos.
- How is the Phantom 3 Standard different from the Phantom 2 Vision or Vision+?
The Phantom 3 Standard is a significant upgrade over the Phantom 2 Vision and Vision+ with an enhanced camera, fully integrated remote, compatibility with the DJI GO app, updated flight controller, live HD view, and increased flight range.
- Where can I get the DJI GO app?
The DJI GO app is free to download from the Apple App Store and Google Play. Search for “DJI GO” and download/install the app as usual.
- How do I connect to the DJI GO app?
The Phantom 3 Standard connects to the DJI GO app on your mobile device via its own WiFi network. First power on your remote controller and Phantom 3 Standard. Then connect your mobile device to the dedicated “PHANTOM 3_XXXXX” WiFi network, and open the DJI GO app. Details can be found in the user manual.
- What do the switches on the top of the remote controller do?
These switches are called the S1 and S2 switches.
The S1 switch allows you to change between advanced flight modes, including P-Mode, A-Mode, and F-Mode. More information about these modes can be found in the user manual. Beginners should keep this switch in the uppermost position (P-Mode) when flying.
The S2 switch can be used to trigger Return to Home. When flying, simply toggle this switch up and down several times to tell your Phantom 3 Standard to return to the Home Point and land.
- Can I remove the camera and attach my own?
No. The camera that comes with the Phantom 3 Standard is permanently attached. Attempting to remove, replace, or modify the camera may damage the product and will void your warranty.
- What is the range on my Phantom 3 Standard?
The signal transmission distance will vary depending on environmental conditions and local regulations, but the Phantom 3 Standard can reach distances of up to 0.5 miles (1 kilometer) away from the pilot.
- What app should I use with my Phantom 3 Standard?
The Phantom 3 Standard is compatible with the DJI Go app for iOS and Android*, which is also used for other DJI products. The app will detect which aircraft is connected and automatically adjust accordingly.
*Android version coming soon.
- Which are mobile devices compatible with the app?
The DJI GO app is only compatible with devices running iOS 8.0 or later or Android v4.1.2 or later. A full list of suggested devices can be found on the Phantom 3 Standard webpage at DJI.com.
- How do I use the Director automatic video editor?
Director is an automatic video editor built into the DJI GO app. After recording several video clips, simply tap “Library” from the app’s home screen. You can then select your clips and a template, which are automatically combined to create a short film that can be shared immediately.
- How do I change the control mode of my Phantom 3 Standard?
By default, the remote controller is set to Mode 2. This means that the right control stick controls the movement of the aircraft and the left control stick controls the throttle and orientation of the aircraft. These controls can be changed to Mode 1 or set to a customized configuration in the DJI GO app. This is only recommended for advanced users.
- Can I use a Phantom 2 Intelligent Flight Battery with the Phantom 3 Standard?
No. The Phantom 3 series uses a newly designed Intelligent Flight Battery with greater power. The Phantom 3 has a 4 cell battery with a capacity of 4480 mAh and a voltage of 15.2 V.
- Can I use a Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced Intelligent Flight Battery with the Phantom 3 Standard?
Yes, the Phantom 3 series batteries are the same.
My Phantom 3 Standard does not turn off right away, is something wrong?
This is normal. After you attempt to power off the Intelligent Flight Battery, it may remain on for a few seconds as any video data is saved to the Micro SD card. This helps prevent your data from being lost or corrupted.
- Do I have to buy the remote controller separately?
No, there is no need to buy a separate remote controller. Your Phantom 3 Standard comes with a custom-built remote controller that is already linked to the aircraft.
- Does my Phantom 3 Standard support dual Remote Controllers?
No. The included Remote Controller can be used to control both the aircraft and the gimbal tilt at the same time.
- What is the Phantom 3 Standard’s maximum flight time?
Flight time will vary depending on environmental conditions and usage patterns, but the Intelligent Flight Battery is designed to provide up to 25 minutes of uninterrupted flight time when fully charged.
- How can I restore a video file if the power is turned off during recording?
Do not remove the Micro SD card from the camera. If it has been removed, place it back in the camera. Turn on the Phantom 3 Standard and wait approximately 30 seconds as the video file is restored.
- How can I ensure that my pictures and videos will be synchronized to my iOS album?
You may need to adjust the settings of your mobile device. Open the Settings menu, select the Privacy tab, select the Photos tab, and then toggle the switch next to the DJI GO app icon. If the GO app has not been granted access to your albums, the photos and videos cannot be synchronized.
- What should I do to land my Phantom 3 smoothly as possible?
Hover the aircraft over a flat, level surface. Slowly pull the throttle stick down until the aircraft touches the ground.
- Why is the number of discharges for the Intelligent Flight Battery not zero, even though I have never used it?
Every Intelligent Flight Battery is tested prior to being packaged and shipped. This affects the discharge time of a new battery and is the reason that the discharge time displayed in the GO app is not zero. The battery is safe to use.
- How can I safely operate the aircraft when encountering compass error?
A compass error may occur when the aircraft is flying close to strong electric magnetic sources (e.g. power transmission lines). The Aircraft Status Indicators will blink red and yellow rapidly when a compass error occurs and the DJI GO app will display one of the following messages:
· Compass error, calibration required
This warning message indicates the aircraft is receiving abnormal compass readings. It is recommended that you power off the aircraft and re-calibrate the compass at a different location and then resume the flight.
· Compass error, exit P-GPS Mode
This warning message indicates that the aircraft is drifting severely. Bring the aircraft to a higher altitude to acquire connections with enough GPS satellites when this warning message appears. The flight controller will automatically adjust the orientation of the aircraft in the midair to mitigate the drifts. The aircraft will switch back to P-GPS mode when the automatic adjustment is completed.